2020-2021 Hoover Performing Arts Auditions
Band - NEW VIRTUAL AUDITION INFO
To audition for Intermediate Concert and Advanced Band:
- Please refer to the flyer for requirements for auditions
- New members: Submit video auditions to email@example.com
- Sign up for auditions with this link
- Current members: TBA on our Google Classroom
- Auditions will be held for:
- Intermediate Concert Band
- Advanced Symphonic & Jazz Band
- No auditions required for beginning band, just sign up!
Choir - Auditions Complete
Auditions for the 2020-2021 school year are now complete. Please contact Mrs. Arribere if you have questions.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Arribere.
Dance - Sign-up for virtual meeting and auditions due Friday, May 8 @ 3 PM
All incoming 6th, 7th and 8th grade dancers who are interested in Intermediate or Advanced level placement must audition, or will be placed in Beginning by default.
Dancers auditioning also have the opportunity to be placed on Dance Evolution, the award winning competitive dance team at Hoover. Dance candidates will have an opportunity to select whether or not they are auditioning for placement only or DE team members once they are logged into the Google Classroom audition page.
- Use link below to sign up for auditions. DANCERS, please include first and last name, and the email in which you would like to be emailed the Google Classroom code for the audition material and submission platform.
- Audition will be held through a Google Classroom page, that has been made for auditioning students only. The Audition class code will be emailed to the email you provide on this sign-up form before FRIDAY, May 8th. The last day to sign-up for dance auditions is Friday May 8th, before 3:00pm.
- In the Google Classroom, each requirement for auditions will be posted as an "assignment". Students must complete each assignment task in order to fulfill the requirements of the audition. Tasks include learning from pre-recorded videos, recording themselves performing each task, then uploading to the google classroom. Posted in Google Classroom will be a "virtual audition packet", to be filled out by dancer and parent as well. It will include more information regarding Dance Evolution team requirements and commitment needed to successfully join the team.MANDATORY Meeting on Google MEET for ALL auditioning students: Friday, May 8th 3:00pm-4:30pm.
- At this meeting, I will be reviewing and teaching ALL material/videos that will be involved in the Google Classroom Assignments. Students who do not attend this meeting will not be eligible for DE. Please reach out to me with any conflicts you may have.
Be on the look-out for the Google Classroom code once you sign-up! Feel free to email me with any questions!
Questions? Contact Ms. Chatfield.
Drama - Placement Results
Questions? Contact Mrs. Jordan.
Question? Please contact Mrs. Launspach.
Auditions are not required.
Questions? Contact Mr. Quintero.