2021-2022 Hoover Performing Arts Auditions
- No audition. Complete interest form if possible.
Intermediate Concert Band:
- No audition.
- Intermediate band will move at a faster pace than beginning band, so music note reading skills are recommended. Those who took beginning band online during 2020-2021 may automatically join this level.
- Complete interest form and note reading challenge.
Audition Level - Advanced Symphonic Band
Audition Level - Advanced Jazz Band:
- Audition required.
- Students may perform any song of their choice, and at least 2 major scales. (Advanced students may upload videos to the form, email to email@example.com, or leave a voicemail at (408) 641-0372 Google Voice).
- Complete interest form, note reading challenge, and video/audio upload.
Questions? Contact Ms. Fabian.
Dance Audition Sign up form 2021-2022: https://forms.gle/g7rL7eNCMQ1usEUB9
***Incoming 6th, 7th and 8th grade dancers who are interested in Intermediate, Advanced, or Dance Team level placement must audition, or they will be placed in Beginning by default.
Dates to remember for dance auditions:
- Last day to sign up SUNDAY, May 16th, before 5:00pm
- An email with audition material will be sent out starting Friday, 5/14
- Virtual Audition Workshop will be held on MONDAY, 5/17 from 3:30-5:00pm (Webex link will be emailed with audition material)
- Audition video submissions will be DUE no later than FRIDAY, 5/21 before 8:00pm.
- Results will be posted Monday 5/31!
VIRTUAL AUDITION WORKSHOP
- To be held on Webex for ALL auditioning students: Monday, May 17th 3:30pm-5:00pm.
- Current team members will take the workshop in-person during their normal cohort practice.
- At this virtual workshop, Ms. C will be reviewing and teaching ALL material/videos that will be involved in the Google Drive Assignments.
***The Workshop is MANDATORY for all dancers auditioning for DE. DE candidates who do not attend this meeting will not be eligible for the team. Please reach out to me with any conflicts you may have. firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? Contact Ms. Chatfield.
Choir - Open levels are open to everyone! Just sign up!
Students may audition for the higher level if they wish.
*note: if you have been in choir this year, you will automatically be placed into the level 2, unless requested otherwise.*
Questions? Contact Mrs. Arribere at email@example.com.
Beginning Drama and Musical Theatre: No audition necessary. Just sign up!
Intermediate and Advanced Drama: Audition required, or with teacher approval. Fill out this form and upload your audition monologue, or share your audition link to the form. (If you're having issues accessing the form, please try opening the link in Chrome. )
Stage Tech: No audition required. For 7th/8th grade only.
How to Audition: Students are to perform a one to two minute monologue on video.
Questions? Contact Mrs. Jordan at EJORDAN@SJUSD.ORG
Beginning Orchestra: No audition required.
Intermediate Orchestra: Audition required. Students should be able to perform 1 scale
and a song of their choice (in tune).
Advanced Orchestra: Audition required. Students should be able to perform at least 3
scales of their choice (in tune) in addition to a prepared song of their choice.
How to Audition: Please complete this Google Form and upload your audition video when
prompted. (If you're having issues accessing the form, please try opening the link in Chrome. )
Question? Please contact Mrs. Launspach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Auditions are not required.
Questions? Contact Mr. Quintero.